ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have another problem with my 80 ZX. ALl the ligths wree workign perfectly inside and out but now only the headlight work. No side markers,no taillights, no brake lights, dash lights or interior lights. I know it is electrical but coudl it be as simple as a relay since it is all of them suddenly? I have checked all my fuses and they are good. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

BOB

·
Registered
557 Posts
Have you done anything to your car recently? Anything electric at all?
I know I used to do one thing, and without realising it, wiped out something else.

Did they just go suddenly? Any warning?

Do the door lights work? (ie ceiling globe)

I'd guess it's the switch... or maybe lighting relay...? Though that wouldn't explain the interiors (dash) not working.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Bob,
I would clean the clips on the fuse box real good and squeeze the clips closer together for better contact. Then use diletric grease on the fuses and replace. Its probably best to remove the box from the kick panel to clean, also the wire next to it.
Check fusible links for corrosion and clean it up.
Mine turned out to be the fuses. Same problem on my 76, no rhyme or reason, just the next day it didn't work. Talk about wanting to throw a match on the works,,
good luck, take yer time.
Ron

·
Registered
571 Posts
How much does a 2.8 OZ of dielectric go for?
All my life I have been getting it free at my jobs.
It's like solder, pens, and high-speed printers, all perks.

Madeline
HaaaaaaLywood, FL

·
Registered
73 Posts
My 82 did the same thing. I found bad wiring in the main wiring connector located under the dash, directly under the steering wheel.-----Good luck

Lee

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had the exact problem on my 83zx. I am not a tec so bear with me. On my car ntxt to the battery is a small compartment in the firewall. One of the leads from the pos side of the battery goes into it. That line was almost coroded in half. I cut the bad part out, spliced it together and have never had the problem again. Hope this is some help. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.