ZCar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1977 280Z Manual
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Just made a deal to get my first Z car in 20 years. It's a 1977 280Z manual/2 seater.

Had one in the past, as well as 3 different 280ZXs. I miss 'em all, but at least now I'm back into it.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
welcome back! get 'em while they're still around. prices are going sky high now it seems. enjoy your new (old) Z

Bon

Reactions: arcticfox

·
Registered
1977 280Z Manual
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hehe thanks.

Looking at some of the other pics of project vehicles, I feel like I made out relatively well with how complete it is. The only major things missing are the front bumper and the passenger seat.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
the good thing is, there are places out there that can help you :)
you can get the early small 240 style bumpers from theZstore. check 'em out. its really too bad the blackdragonauto stopped selling parts.... they had so many stock and remanufactured parts for the early Z's... its a shame :( shame shame

anyways, I think it would be best for you to try and locate a parts car if possible. check all your junk yards for an old 280.. having access to a whole car even if its junked, can really help with doner parts with a project car.

good luck!

Bon

·
Registered
1977 280Z Manual
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice and welcomes :)

My problem is that if I got ahold of a parts car, I'd want to fix it up too ;)

I've looked at several Z car parts suppliers and I've been pleasantly surprised. My intention is to go mostly stock restoration but with updated technology. For example, I want LED lights and a stereo with bluetooth, as well as a backup camera... but I want the car to still keep the appearance and vibe of its original flavor so not really interested in body kits or super flashy wheels, etc.

I know a lot of people dislike the 280 bumpers and like to retrofit the 240 bumper onto it, but honestly I like the bigger one. Should make it easier for me to locate one!

This particular car is going to need mostly interior work. The engine (as I'm told) runs if you spray starter fluid in so I already know there's going to be fuel system work to do, but other than that it should be fairly straightforward.

My wife is threatening to take the car over once I've got it fixed up. :LOL:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Give her what's left of the doner parts car... wifey problem solved hahah

1 - 10 of 10 Posts