Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys.

So who knows THE BEST place to send p-90 head to be worked on?

I wona haveto do it only once. And I want it to be a jewel. Literally. Money is consern but not the main one.
Main thing is QUALITY!!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
529 Posts
B.C. Gerolamy is the best for cyl. head mods

B.C.Gerolamy (AKA, Cylinder Head Abrasives) is without a doubt your best bet. However, be prepared to fork out the dough. They are the company highlighted in Frank Honsowetz's book How to Modify Your Nissan/Datsun OHC Engine. They are located in Sacramento, Ca.
I don't have their phone # or address handy, but I'll try to remember to post it later.

Ian

> HI guys.

> So who knows THE BEST place to send p-90
> head to be worked on?

> I wona haveto do it only once. And I want it
> to be a jewel. Literally. Money is consern
> but not the main one.
> Main thing is QUALITY!!!!

> Any ideas?

> Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: Another Head Question Yet. (Non President Rela

> So who knows THE BEST place to send p-90
> head to be worked on?
> I wona haveto do it only once. And I want it
> to be a jewel. Literally. Money is consern
> but not the main one.
> Main thing is QUALITY!!!!
> Any ideas?
> Thanks

Money is no object can add up really fast. To do the most you can do to a head can run near 2000. The shop that worked on my head/engine has extensive porting and polishing experince. They put together a high hp L28 for a GT-2 car. They tested numerous heads, extensivly flow tested the different heads, etc... These guys are very knowledgeable in what they do. They took apart heads, cut them up, all to find the best way to get the max flow from it. If you call and talk to Chuck, and tell him your specific application, I am sure he could help you. They are located in Norfolk, Va, but have no problem doing work for people all over the world. Chuck has worked on lots of L6's and knows them well. They built my 3.1, and we were able to make the P-90A head work with a performance cam. Something that hadn't been done before.
Anyways, the name of the shop is Abacus Racing. The phone number is (757)-363-8878.
When you call, please tell Chuck that Bob Hanvey told you about them. I don't get money or a discount, but they are a great shop, and I just want them to know I appreciate their hard work.
One thing I will forewarn you about. They are not a speedy shop. Do not expect to get stuff done immediatly. It took almost 4 months for my engine to be finished. You need to keep checking up on them to keep it moving. They do quality work, but are often overloaded, and it can take some time. Now is the best time to get stuff done because the race season is over. They are very busy with their GT-2 and GT-3 cars, plus some of the local racers they sponsor.
-Bob Hanvey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.