ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this problem..........
my brakes make this squeak, squeak, squeak sound....its very annoying!!
the thing is........they squeak when im coasting or accelerating.....
if I step on the brake just a little or pull the emergency brake up just a little , it goes away.
If i slam on the brakes to where it almost stops me, it will go away for quite a while.
I tried squirting brake cleaner on the brake disk while my car was jacked up , and the wheel was spinning............it worked for a few hours , then it came back
i dont know whats up............SOMEONE TELL ME WHATS UP!!!!!!

thanks
lincolnhwydubber

· Registered
44 Posts
Take a look at the wear indicators on the disc brake pads. It is a little metal finger that contacts the rotor before the pads wear out. They are there to let you know that your pads are wearing to the limit. Make sure you replace the pads before you go metal to metal and score the rotors.

· Registered
571 Posts
Could be your brakes are going but as jerseyzee said look at that squeaker tab.
Some jerks at some brake shops bend those in so people stop in more often to have a break check up. I was standing right behind a guy that was messing with my new brake tabs.

BTW, how much lighter will my car be if I took the breaks off?
Would I have more horsepower?
I could remove the flour boards and have fresh air and have Flintstone brakes to boot.

Mad

· Registered
222 Posts
Check the wear like Jerseyzee an Madeline said. Sounds to me like your pads are rubbing. I usally get that Brake stop squeek stuff at the auto parts store. You put it on the back of the pads. Sounds like you rears are rubbing, also if you do this I'd just get new pads because u have to take out the pads to apply this stuff. Last time I did my brakes I was cheap and didnt use the stuff, sure enough i had noise. Next day had to take brakes apart again to apply the stuff. I call it sticky blue stuff, if you use it you'll know what i mean..hehe

Steve
83 zxt

oh Madeline whats the deal with your Z, didn't it get hit? You had a pretty prestine Z didnt you? If it got totaled I do a swaper job there..but thats alot of work though...
But then again I'd rather have a lot of work to do than being Z-less

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.