ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you have said that you have had your ams tested. How? What did your car feel like with a faulty or poorly functioning ams?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ass Massaging Seat?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay fine, mass air sensor, Nissan calls it a air mass sensor. Is there any way to check the quality of the sensor? Have any of you had a bad sensor, what did it sound/feel like?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Most of the time a bad sensor will not let you rev past 3000-3500 RPM.
What makes you think yours is bad?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
You can check diagnostic codes stored on the ECU. If the MAF is sending voltage out of spec then the ECU will notice, but if the signal is within spec but at the wrong time then the ECU can't tell the difference.

Otherwise, remove the MAF and bench test according to FSM procedures. Even these procedures are not perfect.
If still not convinced, swap in a known good MAF.

·
Registered
540 Posts
some where there is a chart to measure the k ohms between the contacts on ur maf, maybe on z.31.com. i had a problem that i thought was the maf but i t tested good ,good luck

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The old server is still available, it just takes some finesse to get to:

<http://lootz.z31.com/board/faqyou.php3>

·
Registered
540 Posts
all Z31 AFMs will swap with no problems.

you can do a field test if you have an ohm meter. Just make sure there is continuity across all pins. Any breaks indicate a bad AFM.

The results of the ohm test I ran on my known good AFMs. The numbers are slightly different between the two, but that shouldn't be much of a problem. Basically, if there is a no connect between any of the pins, then you have a problem.

my ohm readings across all the terminals.

A-B : 663 / 609
B-C : 72 / 73
C-D : .9 / .9
D-E : 1.68k / 1.75k
E-F : 11.1k / 11.1k

On the one I blew up a few months ago, there is no continuitiy across A-B. And this also throws all the other readings off a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.