ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting a 12" kicker for my ae for free! when i put this sub in im goin to put new speakers in the rear. i am proubally going to put some sony explod speakers in the rear. what kind of amp (4 channel) and enclosure will sound the best but will not cost alot?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
A sealed box is probably your best bet for the amp.

if your looking at getting a 4 + 1 way amp to power the speakers plus power your amp, you're going to be paying quite a bit.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
quadking313 wrote:
> what kind of amp (4 channel) and enclosure will
> sound the best but will not cost alot?

These are mutually exclusive. You can't have great sound from cheap crap.

if you don't upgrade your front speakers at the same time, your car will sound like ****.
there are several different car audio magazines out there. pick up a couple and read.
there are several different car autio shops out there. go to them and listen to different speakers.

my opinions:
corner speakers: MB Quart, Boston Acoustics
subs: Pioneer, JL Audio
corner amp: PPI
sub amp: Rockford Fosgate, HiFonics,

·
Registered
455 Posts
Umm wwhen i got my car this was the first thing i did. I got 4 ALPINe speakers. Then i just recently got a Fosgate 12" and 900W amp. IT sounds marvelous. So yeah, thats what i reccomend.

AZ_ZBum
>"These are mutually exclusive. You can't have great sound from cheap crap."

HES RIGHT ONCE AGAIN. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Name brand and a little more expensive = last longer & sounds better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
look on the web you can find good subs and amps and door speakers for a little bit of nothing

86 300zx turbo
jesus drove a ford that's wy he walked everywhere!!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
if you ebay-

Head unit- about 100$ or 150$
Speakers - good brand 100$ or 150$ for four depending on model
Sub - 2 12" fosgate subs USED 80$
Amp - 900W fosgate amp 80$

so thats about 360- 500$ if you do it yourself. Add about 200$ maybe for someone else to do it. Although at circuit city u can usually get free installation but thats cause they jack up the prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.