ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend gets pissed that all I think about is Zcars and wanting to post on this forum. "Why can't you pay attention to ME?" She says, my girlfriend that is, that I love my car more than I love her. My feelings are, it is better I have this hobby than going to strip clubs or other bad things. Why can't they just be more understanding?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
It's Human Nature to.....

feel rejected and abandoned when one's partner focus's more on something else instead of them...it's gets into the phychcologial/emotional stuff people carry around. But your right 240z turbo, your girlfriend would probably react the same regardless of what your focus is...if it is not on her :) I think the short answer to your question is everybody has this dynamic to some degree or another...depending on the people involved.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I have the same problem. Bought the Z in Sept. or Oct. 98 and she still hasn't sat in it or even looked inside. "I don't like it".................. Well POO POO on you sweety cause the Z is more fun to ride than you at my age... Sorry for the substandard mentality on my part...

·
Registered
715 Posts
WOW i must be one lucky SOB!! My girlfriend loves my car and rides in it whenever she has the opertunity. She was a little unhappy when i spent last summer in the garage or at work, she got over it qickly and hasnt been pissed since. As for grampa joe, i am not sure which id rather ride! hehe

Later fellas- Evan

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I dont have this problem. As a matter of fact my wife thinks that as soon as the Z is restored that(get a load of this guys)she gets to drive it. **** if that isnt funny. Women where do they get these ideas?

Enjoy Z day

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Am I the only one with this problem?</b>

I got you all beat. My girlfriend actually comes out and does all the dirty work for me.. Literally. You know all the old caked on grease that has been there since the early 80's and she doesnt bitch about it. How cool is that. And as for her thinking she gets to drive it when it is done. Well she cant even see over the dash. Solves that problem huh...
-B-
P.S. For Grandpa Joe how about the wife in the car. hehe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Men. You guys are so funny. For the most part I have to agree. I am not happy about agreeing but the sad thing is most women want ALL the attention. The thing they don't understand is if they don't give you guys room to be you, to have hobbies, interest and room to grow they are smothering you which is not in their best intrest or yours. There is plenty of time AFTER the Z has been worked on to go roll in the hay. My boyfriend may feel the same way as you guys though. Ever since I bought it we have spent every weekend on it. He supports me though. He just rolls up his sleeves and gets greasy too. he has been really supportive. Maybe your women need hobbies.
:)
Dodie

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
thank god I don't have that problem

Hey,
Well, luckily I don't have that problem. My girlfriend actually digs my Z... Though she does sorta mind going deaf in it (not a quiet car). What's more, she knows the score when it comes to agressive driving and all. Wow, what more could a man want?!

Brett

·
Premium Member
40,971 Posts
DO WHAT I DID!

Pick her up a cheap old Z and let HER fix it up. It usually ends up a pastel color with a lot of "cute" additions, but then she's into it too. If it doesn't work, YOU've got another car!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Noticed something!

Those who have girlfreinds, all seem to love there boyfreind's cars, and work on them. those who have wives, can't stand there husband's cars, and don't go near them. My girfreind, now wife, used to come and work on my cars, and hang around when I worked on them. But now, forget it!, she dosen't come near the garage to help or hang around! Interesting. Once your married guys, forget it, they got you, and now the car intrest is gone!
Mike

·
Registered
482 Posts
No Problem for me...I must be lucky

My girlfriend 'tolerates' my Z obsession. She lets me ramble on about 300hp, racing, cool parts, and other car related topics. Even though I'm sure she doesn't understand everything, she listens and is genuinely happy that I enjoy this so much. She even takes my advice when it comes to buying a new car. She figures I know more about it than her or anyone else she knows. Smart girl!!

So, in return, I 'tolerate' her rambling about fashion, movies, friends, etc.... Of course, I ask her for advice when shopping for new clothes, or other topic that she is more adept at than I am.

Guess that's why our relationship works so well, we respect each others feelings as well as opinion. Definitely a requirement for a long term relationship. Glad I found such a great girl.

By the way, she's buying an Integra GS-R. Great car. She even wants me to 'fix it up' for her, with her money!! Man, life is great!!

240Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.