ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So when I first got my Z I saw this one on Z31Club.com.

I thought '****, Thats what I want my Z to look like!'

Well, Now my Z does look like that other than the wing mirrors.
I really hate the stock mirrors on my car, they look like they were designed for the pre-facelift and Nissan didn't bother changing them. I think they ruin the lines of the later shape + mine are a bit beaten up.

So, do I find some cone type mirrors like in the pic or is that too 'rice' as you guys say (never really understood that saying).

Has anyone tried adapting any other mirrors to fit?

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
i dont think that is anything near rice

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HaHa, thanks, but does it include me?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
What you should get is some electronic fold up R34's I believe. They don't just bolt on, but someone on z31.com has them, and they look good.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
R34... I'll check it out, thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
No rice is something totally different than that Z and if yours looks like that one then no Rice would not come to mymind unless you had some vtec stickers on your Z and a big 5in tip and no mods to your motor with NOS floor mats and things like that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
i like those little square carbon fiber mirrors made by square craft i think they look good ,dont think its ricey more like jdm ,or racey! or something!

is there any mirror made for our cars? i would love to see pics of any other type of mirrors adapted to fit our cars , i am willing tackle a project like that

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you mean 'F1' style?

Like this...

They would be a lot easier than adapting other mirrors... not sure they would look any good.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Oh right, yeah, they're nice.

Post Edited (Sep 29, 2:57pm)

·
Registered
353 Posts
i dont know i guess i just love anything i see on a skyline, i think my next car will have to be a skyline, most likely an r32 gts-t(cheaper rear wheel drive, same gen as my z) , might take me forever but i wont settle for anything less.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The car in my original pic is in Japan so maybe they have aftermarket JDM Z31 mirrors over there.
I might get some 'universal' ones and make my own base plates.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, this is what domdogg123 was talking about...

This is Kris-86t's Z.

I believe they're R33 mirrors.

I like!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.