ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to take out the alternator and replace the regulator? Any walkthroughs and pictures for this? I'm just trying to figure it all out with my service manual so far. I also need to replace the fusible link from the battery to the (ground?) or something. No more money to put into the shop so I'm on my own with this one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that the regulator is internal but I thought it was possible to open up the alternator, replace the regulator, put the alternator back together, and then reinstall it. I know it's going to be a hassle but it'll save me $130.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
its of course possible. in fact its an easy job, if you can find the parts. usually sold as a kit including new regulator, brushes, bearings, diodes. i doubt youd find it at a place like autozone, try napa or carquest.

·
Registered
657 Posts
alternator and starter rebuild kits are basically a thing of the past now........ they are so hard to find....... but if you do find a place that sells them post it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
buyautoparts.com........nissan-parts-dealer.com

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
nissan parts dealer.com is a rediculous ripoff, you could get a lifetime warranty reman alternator plus change for the price of their voltage regulator alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.