ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled a zx out of Texas (land of the rust free cars). I'm doing the best on-a-budget restoration you can do. And I ask myself "what did this thing sticker for in '82?" Anyone have a copy of a sticker or price book? This car is a thing of beauty, Here is what I've got:

1982 zx Turbo 5-speed 2-seater
Climate control, T-tops, power everything, every option
Orange mist metallic on tan leather

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i donno if this helps any, but my 300zx 1986 loaded every option except turbo.
went for $26,000 when i bought my car the guy still had the origanal window sticker. i had no idea they went for that much. maybe this will give u a figure to work from?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I would say a mint 280zx is worth 5000 dollars. Maybe less or more, but for some reason in the US the 280zx's are just taboo. I'm in canada, and i could sell my Z for 12000 easily, but thats on 7250 american. Don't ask me why, but people have a taboo over teh 280zx right now in its value, Its got better dynamics and has a bigger engine that all the other Z's, no wonder its heavier. It was also heavier due to all the carp that was added in there, but i got a 280zx with nothing, just and engine that powers the water pump and alternator. I also thing the 280zx has a better front to back weight distribution. I guess it barrels down to availability, so when these cars are hard to come by, maybe then they will see their right price.

-Emir

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I believe that a 1981 280zx turbo sold for $16,500 according to a May 1981 Road and Track article.

Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.