ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I going to buy my paint and all supplies today needed to finish the job. I am 99% sure I am going with the stock super white color since it is the baddest. But still have that 1% that says go with a deep blue or something along that way. Mind you I have red interior and if it goes blue the engine bay will not be changed from white. You have t-minus 6 hours or so to change my mind

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Stay with OEM color

It is EXTREMELY rare that color changes come out well. To do so, and do it right, is very expensive as well as you then must paint all the jambs, engine bay, etc. ,etc. i.e. ANYWHERE the original paint shows must be painted. Additionally change from the OEM original color has VERY negative effects on resale value...

And IMHO the red interior only goes well with the white exterior. Of course if you decide to change the interior to another color that is another story in which case please let me know as I would like to discuss purchasing some or all of your red interior trim!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's why I'm 1% decisive on the color change. The super white has grown on me over the last few years. If it already had a charcoal interior it would be changed. What pieces do you need in red? If I remember right I might have a couple small items somewhere. If it did change the engine bay wouldn't so that is another check mark for no for me.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah true! My plans as of now are to paint the entire front end white including the gray strip normally painted body color on 95+. I am also pondering painting the mirrors all white and painting the small strip above the windshield black. Any thoughts? I will see if I can dig up some pics

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Yup.. White is THE best color! :)

mickiemagik(oh) : I am looking for the red interior pieces noted below.

-Any panels in the hatch area including those on the hatch itself

-Covers for the interior of the t-tops, including the plastic trim around the handles, NOT faded, cracked or broken in any way.

If anyone has any of the above let me know!

I agree with Chris, white is the best! I am biased as well of course.. See my Z below.....

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
here is my buddies z

his is painted cadi white diamond pearl, and he just did the exterior, then about a year later he took it back in and had all the jambs and engine painted.

in the second pic, you can tell the diff in factory paint in the engine vs. the new exterior

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a pic of Nadir's car since he painted that top strip. I thought about a pearl, but decided against anything but a somple color. I may get some fast and furious graphics though ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also considered painting the body-colored portions above the windshield, and above the rear hatch black, but I'm still on the fence about it.

It seems to me that these horizontal elements at the top of the car, really seem to add to the perceived height and width of the Z32.

The car with the stock color scheme almost seems lower and wider in the pics I have seen.

I guess I would need to see it in person to really decide.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
OK.. Time for me to be a pic *****

OK.. Time for me to be a pic ***** :)

Some custom stuff done:
-Painted roof gloss black. One of my favorite enhancements!
-Shaved antenna, rear wiper and windshield washers from the hood

Above pics taken before install, and subsequent lowering, of Eibach Pro-Kit springs and the LaBree exhaust

Installing the powder coated plenum first weekend of February along with (just received, no pics yet) powder coated to match, throttle bodies. Also smoothed and painted high gloss black with a pinch of silver metallic flake the radiator shroud and the timing belt covers. Anyone in the RDU area that wants to come lend a hand swapping the plenum hit me up! Free beer and pizza!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
does anyone know where nadir got that center nose panel. ive been looking for that style for a long time.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
keep the white!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.