ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little over a year ago I started to visit ZCAR.COM. At that time Derek was not involved and this forum was in bad shape. Autoforums was the best forum that I knew of. When Derek took over and started to make changes I posted that ZCAR.COM would soon be the forum of choice and it has become the forum of choice. Autoforums is still in bad shape but you can help if you are a true Z fan. There is room for two good forums on the net. Please check out Autoforums 70-83 board and read the post(MODERATORS NEEDED). Many of us asked for moderators and here is the chance to get them. I still would hate to see Autoforums fold. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and ZCAR.COM will still be the forum of choice.

Thank You
Michael Morrison
AKA fizzm
AKA fizzm-zxt

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: disagree

No room for autoforums. They are slowly dying. I notice they dropped the Mustang forum. There are only like 4 forums left there. The lack of features (tech section and for sale) as well as the complete lack of moderators turned me off. What can they offer that zcar doesn't? Multiple message boards only lead to crossposting unless one board specializes. For instance a restoration board and a race/modified board. If you just want more try joining the mailing lists at www.zhome.com and www.240z.org. I do wish www.zhome.com would expand their technical data base with more info and reference pictures. The very best example of a tech site I have seen is www.gnttype.org They have a huge tech section, reference pictures, sounds, and even mpg movies. All their mailing list info since their inception in 1992 is archived and available for review and searches. I wish that zhome had the resources to build a site like that. That plus this great message board would be a perfect combo. Trying to save Autoforums is a lost and ,in my opinion, wasted cause.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>IMO</b>

I was an original poster on twinturbo.com prior to autoforums taking it over. We put up with autoforums for close to a year with none of our needs addressed. IMO let them die, they should have listened to us two years ago its only when they need us is our concerns important to them-
zya Travis 77z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: IMO part 2

ditto ditto ditto. I think you and I came on the boards at almost the same time Travis. The major problem over there at autoforums is the number of crazy sob's that post what can only be classified as GARBAGE.

IMO, we should concentrate all of our attention to the forum that has the greatest likelihood of success. Sorta Darwinian I suppose. Stay here

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
RE: IMO part 4

I have to agree. It would be nice if there were two, but if you noticed all the people that posted "real" messages are here now, most of them anyway. Activity has migrated, to this site. People thirsty for knowledge will go where there is something to drink, and autoforums doesn't make the drinks anymore..

I went to the 300ZX site at autoforums just the other day, all I saw was SPAM buy some guy calling himself VR4, what a nightmare, a useless nightmare. VR4 has shut that site down, all by himself. I feel a bit protected over here because that would not be allowed to happen here.

At one time I would have probably jumped at the chance to moderate over at autoforums, but why? Derek has created a wonderful place for us all to meet..Thanks once again Derek :)

Ken

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<b>Michael - Time hasn't healed my wounds!</b>

Michael,
Remember when Autof would periodically wipe the slate clean, and all posts were gone? Why would we subject ourselves to such treatment again? Even with a moderator this isn't going to change.

I have seen this board grow from one post every three days, to 100 posts everyday. Since I first contacted Derek over a year ago, he has been committed to retaining all posts in the archives. This is the single most beneficial feature to me, and was the biggest gripe at Autof! Derek has continuosly upgraded this site, and always retained the posts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.