ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JMoron has been a real interesting person. Just a question to all you who actually go to the track and not just read Sport Compact Car and think a big ass wing and 5" canister exhaust make you a racer.

If I were selling a coil over setup, wouldn't you want to know the spring rate??
If I were selling a LSD R200, would you care what the ratio is?

I DON'T CARE HOW MANY RACES YOUR BUDDY WON!

He is not on my track. He knows nothing about it. I can guarantee that I WILL NEED TO ADJUST THE RATES FOR THE DIFFERENT TRACKS.

Apparently Jmoron thinks that one rate is great for all things. He not only can take this setup and win all SCCA classes and have a comfortable ride home. Does this make sense to anyone?? Anyone at all???

Now I am sure the guys at Ground Control know what they are doing, but they are not GOD. I am sure that the shocks from Advanced Design are nice, but not the best by far. Are you making that judgement based on what Ground Control says? Personally I prefer the Moton system. They are a notch above what you say are the best.

****! It just angers me to see someone tell me that I don't need to know the details of what they are selling!! Sectioning the struts is a simple operation, so I don't care about that at all. But if I have to shell out $200 for new springs because your "perfect setup" is 150lbs all around, well that just will not cut it if I want to keep my undercarriage dragging on zero g drop from the birds nest!

Camber is changed with ride height?? What the **** does that mean?? Camber plates are a must. I am not going to raise my ride height to change my camber! It is rather apparent to me that the guy knows just enough to get in trouble.

The kit sounds fine to me. Just be ready to change the springs and/or the struts are they are custom valved. They are not adjustable, so you are stuck with what they did.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Re: ????

Hi Tyson, wouldn't get involved if I were you. This is a multi-post battle going on here back from November 9th with the topic "Coil Overs FS???", followed by JMorton's response of "Shock96, Still Confused, Mad".

Normally, we try and keep references to a topic together so you can follow the string of events leading to the eventual victory or dis-armourment of the opposing duo. These guys are not putting all their eggs in one basket though. They want to fill this forum with their battle scenes!

Please keep you cool guys. These Z's are enough trouble on thier own without starting another war!!

Just my 20 sen worth!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: All racers read this....anyone with a brain to

Now I thought the guys at ground control WERE god,,,,,,that's what they told me anyways,,,,,,,,and super street is the bible. Have I been misguided by any of this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.