ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 77 280z and I want to put a k and n cone filter on there but i donb't know were to get one like me know. Also what is the best exhaust set up out there,

·
Registered
248 Posts
> I have a 77 280z and I want to put a k and n
> cone filter on there but i donb't know were
> to get one like me know. Also what is the
> best exhaust set up out there,

On My 77 280Z I'm using the K & N intake system from Motorsport and the Motosport 3 into 2 header system and twice pipes from the header back.
Love the sound and performance improvement but I've seen on this board that many others are building thier own intake from lengths of PVC tubing.
From My experience, I like what I have and really didn't mind spending the extra for what I consider a very clean installation.
Ya, I do think the K & N system offered by Motorsport is overpriced for what it is but is does look good and it is functional.
If you do go this route you will have to love the high pitch crack from the tailpipe. It is loud and a head turner but there is nothing else on the road that sounds quite like it unless you would find yourself in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DON'T spend the money on the Motorsport intake system, you can do it yourself for much cheaper,as far as exaust, go to the good muffler shoppe, and tell them you want Dinomax super turbo muffler(~40$), free flow cat.(~20$), mandrel bend 2.5 pipe the whole system will cost you around 100$with install , and get a header( the most expensive part and hard to install). Check your performance auti shoppe for the filter. Go here for instructions on intake

·
Registered
685 Posts
> DON'T spend the money on the Motorsport
> intake system, you can do it yourself for
> much cheaper,as far as exaust, go to the
> good muffler shoppe, and tell them you want
> Dinomax super turbo muffler(~40$), free flow
> cat.(~20$), mandrel bend 2.5 pipe the whole
> system will cost you around 100$with install
> , and get a header( the most expensive part
> and hard to install). Check your performance
> auti shoppe for the filter. Go here for
> instructions on intake
I would also spend the extra cash for a cleaner
looking air intake.
As far as a header is concerned they are also
worth the extra cash.It will give you a broader
power range and smoother acceleration.
Very easy to install you can also get rid of those
heavy heat shields and manifold
I also reccomend you remove the extra metal
between intake ports it allows heat escape
and looks great.
Do not forgrt this is a good horsepower to money ratio going on here.And is easy don`t take the lazy way out.BYE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.