ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Airflow meter delema

361 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Carl 
#1 ·
Hello,
I believe I have an problem with my airflow meter what its my zcar will be running the just die like someone turned the key off or something does this driving or idle same thing also if im driving it and get the car to try to boost it jerks badly and balks then dies any one know how to fix this problem please let me know sence i us the car to drive to work 4 days a week
Thanks in advance
Ron

#2 ·
> Hello,
> I believe I have an problem with my airflow
> meter what its my zcar will be running the
> just die like someone turned the key off or
> something does this driving or idle same
> thing also if im driving it and get the car
> to try to boost it jerks badly and balks
> then dies any one know how to fix this
> problem please let me know sence i us the
> car to drive to work 4 days a week
> Thanks in advance
> Ron
Ron, I had a similar problem with my 83ZX. The car would be running fine then all of a sudden cut out, as if I had let my foot off the gas. Pressing the gas pedal produced no response and the car would jerk violently. It was the Electronic Control Module on the 83ZX. A costly item for me at $500.00 from a dealer. If this is your problem you can probably find one for a lot less from someone on this board. Hope this helps.

#3 ·
Check Ignition Control Module

I was having a simliar problem with my 80 280zx where I was driving and it would cut in and out. I got a new ignition control module (the thing on the side of the distributor) for 50 bucks from an overpriced junkyard. New from 'Pepboys' was like 150 bucks. Hope this works for ya.

jA

#4 ·
> Ron, I had a similar problem with my 83ZX.
> The car would be running fine then all of a
> sudden cut out, as if I had let my foot off
> the gas. Pressing the gas pedal produced no
> response and the car would jerk violently.
> It was the Electronic Control Module on the
> 83ZX. A costly item for me at $500.00 from a
> dealer. If this is your problem you can
> probably find one for a lot less from
> someone on this board. Hope this helps.

Ron:

I picked an ignition control unit (also known as the transistor control module that is located below the passenger side dash) from ALL Z East for a very reasonable price. I have a Dattsun 280Z Coupe76. I replaced mine because I had no spark and the car would not start. Contact jperletti@aol.com if you want some advice before deciding to order. The parts are pre-tested. Good luck. Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.