ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a eurathane airdam and noticed it seems flimsy or is it that when I bolt it on will it sfiffen up ?I had to choose between the two whats your thoughts ? Eight bolts hold it on.

· Read Only
3,883 Posts
it will a little but not that much. i mean to say it will stay and look straight but its not the sturdy as a fiberglass one would be. on the other side of the coin though, if you hit a curb, you wont break it like you would with a fiberglass one.

· Registered
645 Posts
You should make sure that you bolt the center of the air dam to the frame, otherwise it will sag after time due to highway speed air pressure. Fibreglass is nice but can be trashed very easily as Zme stated.

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
"Sags"? Try folds under at 150!

At normal highway speeds, it's not a problem, but if you are trying High-Speed runs, especially in desert heat, do not use the urethane.
Ours folded under at about 150. Sanctioning bodies do not like air dams that plow dirt off the course!

But they're great for parking lot stops, curbs, and porcupines that you hit on the road doing 45. Mine's hit all those things and other than a little burr from folding under after hitting the proky, you can't tell it's 10 years old! Miracle stuff for the street.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.