ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would doing away with the air induction system interfere with the performance of the car? Only the 1980 models have this induction system that runs from the air cleaner to the exhaust manifold. I don't have to worry about emisions where I'm at. Or can I just leave it open from the valve to the manifold? The reason why, my air cleaner does not have the inlet for the hose and I personally would rather do away with it. What do y'all think?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
"valve to the manifold"?

Ok, I hope you are talking about the air induction to your air cleaner box. If so, the good news is yes. You can do away with the ducting that flows air into your air box.

If you are talking about removing the air box, the answer is no. Yes, you can, but you will destroy your engine running it without a filter. Also, you need to keep everything from the front of the AFM all the way back to the manifold. (AFM, ducting, Throttle body) The car just won't run right without it.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
yes you can get rid of the air induction system, it just sucked air into the exhaust system for emissions reasons. I would cap off the pipe at the exhaust with something to prevent fumes from choking you to death, then remove the rest of the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.