ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, ive been looking around just trying to become more educated about the z cars and noticed no one mentioned installation of an air/fuel gauge on any z that was not fuel injected...is it only a nessesity to have on injected z's ? is the only way to tell how the non fuel injected z runs (rich-lean?) while under load such as the 71 240z is to look at the plugs??? just curios thankyou michele

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
they all have a fuel guage silly.. its right up there on the dash next to the clock.. and the air guage? well you can just roll down the window. its not like we live on mars or somewhere where you cant breathe.. im just kidding its late and i need sleep.. i have heard of this and was planning on this and i actually saw one.. the guy mike in the NY area with the beautiful black z has a 4 barrell carb and headers and he screwed an o2 sensor into the headers and ran it to the air fuel guage and presto chango.. it works.. no clock.. but air/fuel ratio at a glance.. how useful is that? i cant wait to do mine.. **** pothead autobody guys! FINISH MY CAR!

·
Registered
586 Posts
If you need to determine the air/fuel ratio for tuning your carbs ... use a ColorTune device (available from Victoria British) and follow the instructions that come with it. You'll also need a UniSyn for the SUs. You can use an oxygen sensor approach, but this gives you an average for all the cylinders. With the ColorTune you'll be able to isolate the cylinders associated with a given SU and thus get correct air/fuel mixtures for both carbs. This is especially true for triple webbers.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for 240zip/colortune

hello i do have a colortune and love it...i was just wondering how one could tell the ratio of fuel/air mix on the stock 240z as your driving....just curios if anyone had somthing hooked up to the 240z( or any non fuel inj. car) that allowed you to monitor the ratio as your driving....i have a syncro/unisyn as well...so im sure my carbs are real close to the correct adjustments ..but im allways wondering about different ideas....thankyou for your repley P.S. i like the name 240zip....pretty cool...been trying to think of a unique licsene plate for my z..but.....michele

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.