ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I might need to change out my MAF sensor. Has anyone used aftermarket like Bosch ($375.43) or Fuel Injection Corp. ($246.28 with a $55.00 core charge) versus Nissan dealer at $415.21? Would any provide any different performance?

thanks

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
WHY, they dont go bad, they just get dirty, pop the cover and clean the carbon trace, unless the thermistor that acts as a temperature sensor is bad? You could go fully programable for that price. That is what I would do.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ii just replaced my AFM with a rebuilt one from NAPA for $200 plus core.
I came super clean in a box, factory calibrated, and in perfect working order.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Great tips guys! I'm thinking just buy one and keep it in the car. I've gone thru 2 in 5 years. Don't want to be crusining upstate and have car die.

·
Registered
104 Posts
you cant just clean the wire the wire gets cleaned everytime the car gets cut off dont try it, i know it sounds like a redneck way of fixing it but go to the junkyard i have replaced two afms from 2 different cars from the junkyard one of them is an ex gf of mine hers has been on there for years mine has worked for about a year, i bought mine and hers for a combination of 60 bucks cant beat that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.