ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I am in the process of replacing my FI wiring harness with a Megasquirt system I got from GodzillaRaceworks. In the process of removing the unnecessary bits for the install, one is the AFM. Now I have a gap between that and the air filter plumbing. What is everyone using to fill that gap? Where can I find one? I have searched and I can't seem to find any common thread that talks about replacing the AFM with a straight pipe.

This is my first time doing this so go easy one if this is a stupid question!

The car is an 81 turbo with an 82 turbo motor and 5 speed.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I have attached a pic of our conversion from several years ago on a 78. Looks to be just a wire wrapped duct like dryer duct except smaller. I'm sorry I don't know where it came from but most likely from an Autozone or Manny, Moe and Jacks! We were using a 240SX throttle body so sizing might be different. We just ran it to the stock Air Filter box out from that we had cut most of the top away from.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have attached a pic of our conversion from several years ago on a 78. Looks to be just a wire wrapped duct like dryer duct except smaller. I'm sorry I don't know where it came from but most likely from an Autozone or Manny, Moe and Jacks! We were using a 240SX throttle body so sizing might be different. We just ran it to the stock Air Filter box out from that we had cut most of the top away from. View attachment 107021
Thank you for responding. I’ll head to autozone to see what they have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
For my own edification, may one inquire how the F.I. system is made to work without an AFM?

Just curious.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
For my own edification, may one inquire how the F.I. system is made to work without an AFM?

Just curious.
Just look up MEGASQUIRT. A diy fi system that is adjustable and flexible. Based on Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Or in other words manifold vacuum. Much snappier response than the Bosch AFM system.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Z Car Depot sells an aluminum tube that connects to the OEM rubber elbows from the air box to the AFM, and the AFM to the throttle body. If you had appropriate sized intercooler tubing, that would work too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts