ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, it was a warm day, leading to a cold night. I was on my way from the big town of Johnson City, a good place to be when your hungry. Well it was around 10:05p.m., a bit later than i'm normally out. So i'm cruisin down the interstate around 70 or so. Just doin my thang. Well i was cruisin along, saw one of those fake police cars sitting on the side, so i take into mind that pigs run around these parts. Well the infamous drop to 55 comes along. Its a strip thats maybe a 1/2 mile long. Well i'm cruisin it around 60+ with a couple cars in front of me doin the same. Well i notice someone behind me kinda close. Than i see the infamous blue and red lights. Well, i **** my pants first off. i was very confused as to what this could be for cause at the time i had been cruisin with a few other cars. So i pull over. Well all in all, he say 77 in the 55, i was pretty confused and told him i was pretty sure i wasn't going that fast. Also my insurance card i had with me just expired and my new one was still in my truck. So i got out and kicked his ass.. well that didn't happen, i just drove off. now its court time.

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Ouch. It happens to the best of us. Good luck man.

Tip: Hire a good lawyer. Even if the price seems high at the time, you'll save many times that in jacked up insurance rates.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i go to court on monday, i think imma look really cute or somtin to help out. Prolly go to some classes to help out as well. I honestly don't remembe goin 77. I think i would know if i was goin almost 80 in that 55 area.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Nah, go to court for them all. At least cost the police as much money as the fine, so that they can't profit from you, even if they lose.

I hate police using drivers as an income source.

·
Registered
506 Posts
always go to court, most of the time u can get it reduced, or get points taken off.

get a lawyer too, someone that specializes in tracffic violations, insurance won't go up as much

on another note, i've also heard that if you pay like 5 dollars over the amount of the ticket, and never cash in the refund they send u, then the ticket is never finalized, and it won't show up on your record? can anyone shed some light on this subject?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
you sound just like me, or the insurance part i should say. every time i get pulled over in the z i never have the insurance card with me, due to the fact that i take it out and put it in my truck when i go to the court to get it dismissed and then i always forget to put it in the z again(its happened to me quite a few times)

here in nm, if you go to court more then likely you would get driving school, after the school the ticket is dismissed-for warning the school sucks, i know ive been 3 times in my younger days before i was introduced to a z.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, trungthiendo , thats what i was gonna do. Well, thats what my uncles told me to do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
it is so simple to get out of this alright:
1st step:eek:n the court day delay till another day and tell them something really bad happened(you have tickets to see cher live or something.......).
2nd step:the cop will not be told to be at court on this day.
3rd step:the cop will not show up for the next hearing.
i dont know how well this works it happened to my friend so if you can what can it hurt the only thing i say is make sure you cancel last minute.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.