Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all,

today i was going to try and take the body panel off to much suprise when i started trying to take one off snap! one bolt broke I'm like [email protected]!!! then i was ok maybe it was just one then i got 2 or three loose and i went behind the door to get the big one and that one broke 2 so now i have 2 broken screws the part of the screw is in there is the scrwe and the head to it is what i have now broken off:( anyone have any solutions to how I might possibly get those pisces of Sh!t out? Just to add on a side note, no i'm not superman:) and I was turning the right way:)
Ok so please help me!
yuichi

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Drill it!

Take drill, a bit smaller than the bolt and just drill out the remainings.
If you are careful, you can then scrape out the last bits with a bit of patience.
Or drill a very small hole in the remaining stub, then reverse the bore and maybe it comes out.
If you fail, you may have to retread it with an oversize, but if there is any other way, I myself would like to know...

Hope it works out
Marten Carlsson

·
Registered
94 Posts
RE: Drill it!

Try all things Marten said, then try this get a very small about 1mm drill bit or something else that will cut a small line in the form of a slot for a flat head screwdriver (see where I am going with this?) If you use the drill be carefull and drag it along in a line however deep you need. Then get WD-40 and spray it around the bolt area and it as far as you can the let it sit and comeback and try to turn it out. If it still does not come out get a torch and BE VERY CAREFULL (keep an extinguisher in front of you at all times) heat the area until it gets very hot (red hot if you can) and then try to turn it. If this does not work try to drill it out or tap it. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
There's an Easier Way...

It's called an EZ-Out Kit and it consists of a conical self-tapping arbor and a small drill bit. A hole is drilled in the top of the broken screw or nut, the arbor is turned into the screw and flats on the top of the arbor allow you to turn the broken screw.

It's very wise to use a bit of Liquid Wrench super penetrant to free up the screw before you attempt to turn it.

In your neighborhood, Yuichi, you can get these kits at Pep Boys Or Chief Auto in various sizes for about $4. I know they're probably available where Marten lives too, but don't ask me to say "EZ-Out" in Swedish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.