ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i just made the single most expensive purchase to date for the Z. called up specialtyZ to order up a cat-back!! alum. steel, h-pipe w/resos, quad tip... should work nicely with my new cat-pipes =) even though i've heard freeflow's car and he has high flow cats w/reso'ed x-pipe... without hearing it in person makes it hard to judge. and i'd rather be on the safer side and keep it quieter than have it be irritating. although im sure freeflow doesnt think his x-pipe is irritating!

also something new, i was informed by Seb that it is in fact NOT a "labree" exhaust anymore just simply a "specialtyZ cat-back" same exact thing... different name.

·
Registered
74 Posts
awsome i'm thinking about getting the same setup for my 2+2. Did you get 2.25" or 2.5" piping? Let me know how it sounds when you get it on.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Trade me the h-pipe resonated..PPPPLLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEEE! =0)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DeMoN795, i got the 2.5 inch piping but only because i already have 2.5" cat pipes. if you're using stock cats i'd go with 2.25. thats what specialtyZ recomends anyways. when i called them today i said 2.5 and they're all
"are you sure?"
and i said
"yeah because i already have 2.5 cat pipes"
and he replied
"well then you should DEFINATLEY go with the h-pipe!"

freeflow... i wonder how much you could sell your used x-pipe for... and get a new H-pipe... is it too loud to where you cant hear your stereo? how does it sound to YOU inside the cabin?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
No I can hear the radio and really its not too loud, but just too loud for me. From what I read on these forums it would be perfect for what others are asking for or looking for. But for me I only wanted a tad bit louder than stock. At certain RMP ranges it rattles some rear hatch stuff and something in my dash =0), but its not defening or anything like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.