ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on replacing my tension rods, I'm pretty sure that they're shot. I was planning on buying the Z1 motorsports adjustable ones, but just wanted to get an opinion. The factory ones have that big bushing on them (which breaks down and eventually leaks), but the aftermerket adjustable ones don't appear to have any bushing. Will these transfer more vibration into the steering? Do they need to be lubed regularly? Will they last a long time?
Thanks all, later
Ridge

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
i'm installing a set shortly (having them chromed) not Z1's but Z fevers. I heard its a little more vibration but thats fine for me. As for lube i think the "heim" joint has a grease fitting on it and you grease that sometimes. Atleast thats how mine are.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I do not have the Z1's, mine are Power Trix, but design is pretty much the same. I noticed no increase in steering vibration/harshness.

As long as you install per the instructions and with regular maintenance should last a long, long time. Certainly longer than OEM I would think

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Power Trix I think has the best prices. DO NOT GET EBAY! Heard quite a few horror stories, go with with a reputable vendor Like Coz, PowerTrix, etc.

Coz sells Power Trix stuf, that is where I bought mine, hit him up since you may need other stuff as well...

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Just my 2 cents....

I would steer away from PowerTrix. I recently bought the upper control arms (front and rear) from them. I had one front arm that the internal bushing was mis machined causing the bearing to bind up and not rotate smoothly. I was contacted by Mr. Charles Pleak (owner) and he was kind enough to send a replacement arm out. I received the replacement arm and the rear bearing bushings were not machined correctly and the unit would not fit into the upper arm bracket. I had enough so I took the first arm and had the bearing sleeve bored in order to get the bearing to rotate smoothly. One of the rear camber arms had a split bearing dust boot so that had to be fixed. IMO the quality control of PowerTrix needs some serious overhaul. I would recomend SPL over PowerTrix any day.
MaxDoc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.