ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftermarket Stereo wont turn on

621 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  bobs86zx 
#1 ·
Hey guys im new and ive been haven a problem with my z. I took out my stereo cuz i had to replace some led lights and when i put everything back together my stereo wouldnt turn on. Heres the thing, when i plug in the stereo the **** thing makes a whirring noice but if i hit the power button it wont turn on. So im wonderin if any you guys could help me with this problem. Oh and if you need to know i have a 86 auto gll and the stereo is a Jensen model cd3010x. Thx

#4 ·
lol yeah but no the led lights went into the compass since i got that digital dash stuff. Also nope no detachable face and again thx for the input gonna try this out and ill probably have an answer by tommorrow. Now one last thing what might be this remote wire, could u describe it little bit more cuz i dont think it has one.

#5 ·
There is a constant 12volt source in the headunit wiring, and one that is switched on whenever the car is turned on. That second wire tells the stereo to turn on when the car is on. Sometimes it's labeled "ACC" on the wiring schematic. If it were disconnected, your headunit would have power, but wouldn't turn on.

#8 ·
i checked the wire and its all good i really dont know what i did to it but i guess i have to go to an electrician now. Thx for the help guys but the acc cord looks fine and it still wont turn on. You know what maybe its time for a new stereo that would be nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.