ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has atermarket mirrors? and an opinion of them? Im buying some for my 240 and im lookin in the MSA catalog--at the california mirrors--anyone have any experience with these? also, if anyone could give me another recomendation i would appreciate it--pictures too.

-daniel

·
Registered
802 Posts
I got the flush mounted mirrors from MSA. They look so good. It totally changed the lines of the car. And the best part is they dont stick much at all. like 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I ordered the turbo mirrors from MSA at end of July and they are STILL on backorder...The company that makes them is situated in Italy and is apparently in involved in some sort of merger...Check with them re: california mirrors . MSA has the same answer every 2 weeks..."They should be here by next week"...BEWARE

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm ordering Either the CA style or the racing style this week from MSA. Can't decide which is cleaner. I HATE not having a right mirror. Anybody have either and can comment on the 'looseness' of either? I like tight mirrors that won't vibrate out of adjustment--even with AM springs and bushings.

steve 77

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had the california mirrors on my 77 and hated them. They looked great and stayed in position BUT the glass was too small and the angles are all wrong for the car. Others in my local club feel the same way. Just my opinion and observation.

Regards,
Craig Borden
www.zcarcreations.com

·
Registered
428 Posts
I know someone who has the california mirrors and he says they vibrate and like the poster above says, the glass is small.

I am right now in the process of putting the turbo mirros on my 76. I love the look, but hate the quality of the moveable joints. The inner joint tends to loosen up if it is moved much, the screw gets loose, I am going to add a lock washer or some locktite to see if that helps. The inner joint that is the connection between the plastic mirror housing and the metal stem is awful to say the least. It is so stiff that if you let it sit without adjusting it for a week or two then it is literally frozen in place. I have used WD-40, cycle chain lube in a spray can, a squirt of 10W40, and some bearing grease. I have mine at least moving a bit now. The problem will come the first time it is bumped in a parking lot or while walking past in the garage. I am wondering it the mirrow will just break, or if it does actually move, whether I will be able to get it back into position without having to remove it.

Anyway, they look very nice and the mirror surface is hi tech glass, but the build and design quality of the working parts leaves room for improvement..........

Charles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.