ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftermarket gauges

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  steve 260z/300zx 
True Answer

Unfortunately, what 74VWBUG told you is just not true.

The gauges do not just fit in. There is some fabricating to get them in. Also, don't buy them from Mototsport...buy them from summitt....MSA is too **** expensive.

I have the ultra-lites in my car shown here. The faces are actually silver. If you want white get the phantoms. I like the silver lip on the ultras though.

The 2 large ones are 5" gauges the speedo is manual and will work directly with your cable. The tach is electric.

The small gauges are 2 5/8" I have oil pressure, water temp, and fuel. These are all electric gauges. I didn;t want manual ones in the car as you have to run an oil line into the cabin. The fuel gauge I used is calibrated for the autometer sending unit which I fabricated to my tank.

Read this http://www.zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/autometer.htm. This will show you somewhat how to install them. You will probably deviate from his directions though.

These things are great. If you are going to have the dash out anyway I say go for it.
I am no real help with wiring if you have the stock harness. I rewired the entire car using a Painless harness so mine is very different.

email me directly with any questions.
Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.