ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have to run an external fuel pump. Which one should I use? I am hoping to get around 250hp. I do have the 85 turbo engine. Do I hook a aftermarket one to the ecu? Please somebody that has done this or seen it done. The internal one is not a option.

·
Registered
297 Posts
wow there's a lot of things wrong with this post

·
Registered
540 Posts
mazda_6t9 , THERE R ALOT OF PEOPLE HERE THAT R QUICK TO PUT U DOWN .EITHER GET OVER IT AND KEEP AT IT OR GO CRY IN THE CORNER

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so is there anyone running a external one or know of one to use on the turbo? hey blake you can come down here to vanc and let me know what you mean. if not I am coming that way next weekend. can we please help each other and not post unless yopu have USEFUL info.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
There are a couple things you can do.

If you're only looking at running 250hp, you're not going to need a different fuel pump.

Upgraded intake filter, 3" exhuast, and a boost controller at 10-12 psi will net you the HP you want and cost from $300-1000, depending on what kind of exhaust and boost controller you get.

If you're looking at upgrading your turbo and fuel injectors, and running above 300hp at some point, a 255lph Walbro for a 1 or Z32TT fuel pump would both be good enough.

Both of these are in tank pumps; you remove your old pump, you replace it with the new one.

<http://z31.com/ttfuelpump.shtml>

<http://web.tampabay.rr.com/zrelated/Walbro.htm>

<http://www.redz31.com/pages/fuel.html>

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I NEED a external pump, this engine is going in a vw baja. I am NOT using the factory tank. I need a external style, does anyone know of one that will flow what I need? What are the flow rating and psi of the later model Z's? I didn't see any #'s.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
oh, well ****, you should've said that!!

So you're not using the tank either?

Get a fuel cell and find out how much flow you want and stick it on.

Have you tried looking?

If you're just going to use a stock engine. You'll probably need a max 45-50psi pump.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, so 45-50psi. A 280z guy I know said the turbo external pump on his 280 might be the way to go. I prefer new (quality aftermarket) so I can get parts almost anywhere. thank you

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so most of the "inline" fuel injected style are ok? I seen these before but did not know about the 100+ psi ratings. I am going to have a big filter and a slosh can above the pump, the slosh tank will be for hard conering and steep uphill climbs. The fuel cell will be above them all. My return will be fed into the slosh tank.

·
Registered
782 Posts
lol my bad domdogg.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so would I use the output for fuel pump from the ecu, or just run my own? thanks also for all the info

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
just run your own.

Setup a relay so the pump only runs when the car is on.

You won't have to worry about it then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.