ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has info on installing an aftermarket airbag in their z, if so where did you get it, how much did it cost, and if you installed it how hard was it?

·
Registered
929 Posts
I spent some time fighting with the government over this - I am in NMA and we have a campaign to unscrew things. I wanted to disable the passenger airbag when I had a kid in the car since the explosive in the airbag is intended for 250 lb drunks, it has killed more than 60 children. I wrote a senator because Clinton promised that people that that hated air bags were going to be allowed to disable them, the same way people with new Ford pickups can turn theirs off. The DOT or the FOT or some other Safety Nazis wrote back and said that I could do anything I wanted to do as long as I was approved by them and I would be approved by them if I could ice-skate on water that was not frozen. Additionally, there were penalties worse than what you get for copying a VCR tape. I gave up on trying to deal with them as if they were humans and regard them now as something like a cross between Kudzu and Poison Ivy.
In short, everything about airbags is either forbidden or compulsory.
I disabled the bag by pulling a fuse.
Sorry, didn't mean to rant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.