ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information on a good aftermarket ac for a 260. Actually the guy I got my Z from put a 240 engine in it; I assume that will make a difference? I have various catologs; VB and Motorsport among them, but I've been hearing horror stories about both companies!! Any comments. Also, the carpet was pretty-much trashed, I have quotes from VB, Motorsport and Classic Parts, is one better than the other, or are they all buying from the same manufacturer?

Thanks for any responses.

KDR

P.S.
I assume the original carpet was a 'loop' style, I notice both loop and cut pile are avail.

TXS AGN.
KDR

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: AFTERMARKET AC & PWR WINDOWS</b>

I just replace the carpet in a '77 280Z with a kit purchased from Motorsport Auto. The kit came in 3 pieces. One that goes across the front and ends under the front seats. The second also goes across the car from under the seats to the bottom of the riser to the rear deck. The third goes across the rear deck and down the vertical riser. This was excellent quality carpet, with a matt backing adhered to it. However, it took some custom fitting. Each piece was cut oversized, and all holes for seat belts, console holes, shifter, etc. had to be fitted carefully. It is not a trivial job, but the results were outstanding. If you don't mind the custom work, the Motorsport Auto carpets will give excellent results.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
SPAL aftermarket windows

I personally have not had any experience yet with this company but i've heard good stuff and my friend told me these were a lot better then what vic brit was selling. So it might not mean anything to you but i'd recommend trying these guys out and let me know how it turns out if you do go for it;)
http://www.spal-usa.com/
thats the website for more info
good morning,good evening, and in case i don't see you
goodnight
yuichi

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YUICHI RE: SPAL aftermarket windows

I tried to go to SPAL-USA.com, but all I got was a homepage with no info., and a quicktime movie that only downloaded the audio????

This all has to do with your response to my posting (5-26) Aftermarket AC and PWR Windows.

By-the-way, thanks for your response to my posting about the dash I was offered out of an old 260, good thoughts from both responses.

(other note)
You've mentioned VB more than once, but I noticed that numerous postings complain (or worse) about them. Your thoughts?

TXS

KDR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.