ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
For what model and year? And what does "no A/C heater" mean? How about telling us what's going on and explaining your question?

All the 280ZX models had a heater. I'm not sure whether they all had AC.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 80ZX I inherited from my uncle (who purchased it new) was not originally equipped with AC from the factory. About a month after purchase, he went back to the dealership and had them install AC with factory components. Moving the air selector to the far left to "Vent" engages the AC. Not sure if there is some wiring that engaged the compressor when this mode is selected. The AC died years ago, so the vent option does what it did prior to AC installation.

Long story short, you could use factory components to add AC to your car (Evaporator, condenser, compressor, dryer, hoses, etc).

·
Registered
717 Posts
It would help if the OP was more specific.

If the car is missing a heater core, that's a project to install but can be done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It would help if the OP was more specific.

If the car is missing a heater core, that's a project to install but can be done.
Are there any options? when we got the car, there was no a/c heater unit.
There is another option if you're interested in after market AC and heat. I installed a Vintage Air Universal fit AC/Heater kit in my '77 280Z and it fit behind the dash in less space than the old stock heater and core. I had to fabricate a bracket for the Sanden Compressor to align with the pulleys, but everything else bolted into the car. It cost about $1000 but it's all new and works well. No old or hard to find parts. Vintage Air may even make a compressor bracket for Z's by now, as mine is 3 years old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts