ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 240 with the vg30et has sat around for 2 weeks refusing to start. i went out today and turned it over (not really sure why) and it fired right up. it ran a little rough for a few minutes then ran just like she always does. anybody have any idea what could cause such an odd problem?

·
Registered
353 Posts
i dont know , but i just wanted to say thats cool how you put a vg in a 240, was it a tight fit? , you can maje tons of power but it does weigh more than the sr20.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Might have been moisture or water in your system that finally dried out. May want to check for leaks around you ECU or other wiring harnesses that can be affected by standing water.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Check all electric connections coil connection spark plugs, ect..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually there is quite a bit of room in the engine bay. more room than in a 300zx. she's running like a champ still it could have been moisture with all the tropical storms rolling through here. The car makes like 240 hp and 260+ ft/lbs or torque. it pulls like a monster, i haven't gotten to really run it yet. the rack is giving me problems its shifting around messing up my alignment. it had to be relocated to fit the vg. i have to modify the mounts or something and she needs lots of body work. according to desktop dyno it looks like she could run 12.7 to 13.5 quarter depending on traction and my shifting. i'm only running 7psi of boost as soon as i relocate the boost controller to stop boost spike i'm thinking about taking it up to 10psi that should really wake her up. :) i have 2 pics up of her on yahoo photos http://photos.yahoo.com/hamster_28 they aren't the greatest i'll take more and post them as i get her fixed up. :) enjoy and thanks for the help!

Post Edited (Oct 16, 8:43pm)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.