ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, my car is fixed! After 11 long months, and probably about 2000 dollars, it's finally fixed, I'm the one who hooked his battery up backwards...and the last symptoms that my car was displaying were the hardest to figure out, I thought that there was something wrong with my AFM or my Air pressure regulator, or the ECU, but nothing was wrong with them, it was my crank angle sensor on the distributor! I didn't even know that an 80 had a crank angle sensor! The boys at firestone figured it out though. You see, I had replaced my distributor before I fried the car, afterwards, I had had to replace the ignition control module, but I never suspected that my dist. had been fried also! For those of you wandering what my last problems were, the car had a major flat point inbetween 1000 and 2000 rpms, then it would take off after that, also, after about 20 minutes of driving, the engine would start dying if the rpms reached 1500 or so, so if your experiencing problems like this, and you have a ZX model, 80 or above...not sure about the 79 zx, check your distributor, the crank angle sensor is somehow built into it, and it lets the computer know where the number one piston is at. Also, if your Altenator is not successfully charging, it's not providing enough power to run your ECU, so the fuel/air mixture is going to be really really rich, much unburnt fuel is going to go through the engine, and clog up your Cat. converter..this is just one of the problems that I had to learn about...huge chain reaction of problems...hope this helps some of you out there! Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.