ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i used the searched couldn't find what i needed....

Here's the prob, a week ago my car was just fine, running like a dream, well since monday, my car has been sputtering, stalling and doesn't want to idle.This occurs everytime i want to start the car. To get it running, I have to start it by pressing the pedal and as soon as it turns on, press the gas till it reaches 4k rpm's, then i have to hold it there for like 30 sec and then gradually let off the gas till it reaches idle. From there the car runs flawlessly... My first tought was the fuel filter and the spark plugs. I cheked the fuel filter out and it is working like a fountain ( is not clogged), then I checked the spark plug but they were kinda white as if it was running lean. Second thought was an air leak, checked it out there's none. Third thought was the AFM. When I unplugged the AFM, it ran like a champ, but as soon as i plugged it back in it would bog down and die. Does that mean that I need a new AFM? And if I do, are they all the same? (turbo, non turbo)

Thanks

Post Edited (Jul 7, 8:43pm)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The interesting aspect to this is that there are different part numbers for MAFs listed in the fiche.
All Z31 up to 0887 are listed to use 22680-24P00. All Z31 after 0887 are listed to use 22680-25P00.
As for the difference them, I don't know.

Cars 0783-0986 are listed with a part number 22680-09P00, but the listed newer alternate for them is the -24P00. See fiche 2-D4.

Both the -24P00 and -25P00 are searchable on the nissanparts.cc site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.