ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has just totaled his 86 300zxt .I was wanting to get his Air Mass Sensor and put it on my 280zxt .What would be involved in this switch?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
> My friend has just totaled his 86 300zxt .I
> was wanting to get his Air Mass Sensor and
> put it on my 280zxt .What would be involved
> in this switch?

You would have to swap everything connected to the computer as well as the computer. It's been done, but it's a lot harder than just swapping the mass air sensor and splicing the new wires. Way too hard to give written directions here.
greg
71` 240z

·
Registered
256 Posts
You can use your friends ECU, AMS and the timing ring inside the distribuitor. Send them to Jim Wolf Technologies and they modify the ecu for bigger injectors and other stuff.
They even ive you directions on how to splice the ecu wires to accept the new ecu and how to splice the AFM connector.
The beauty of the JWT system is that it can handle bigger injectors and still look factory except for the missing AFM.

It is a nice setup but personally I preffer the Electromotive for the endless possibilities.
with the JWT if you change anything you have to send the ecu to them (and pay them) for reprogramming to maximize the benefits of the new situation.

Z-ya!
CarlosZXT

> You would have to swap everything connected
> to the computer as well as the computer.
> It's been done, but it's a lot harder than
> just swapping the mass air sensor and
> splicing the new wires. Way too hard to give
> written directions here.
> greg
> 71` 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've heard that you can convert to the 300zxt ecu and AMS in your Z You have to crosswore a few things so everything will plug up right. Suppose to be a 15-20% performance gain.

Sam 75 280z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.