ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
ummm ok, i dont understand what putting the wiper arm in the middle will do, isnt the location of the arm in various AFM's different for each car, and will need to be adjusted later anyway? confuzzled....

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
you need a disclaimer stating that this is only good for spring rate to get the right tension across the meter. This does not take into affect that the circuit board is in usable shape! I went through 4 seamingly virgin afms until I found one that had consistancy and steady rising resistance. You will need to adjust a million other things to get the A/F mixture right for this trick to work. There are about 5 adjustments posible inside the afm itself if I remember correctly. And A/F mixture has everything to do with how much air is measured going through the afm. (<if that makes sence) I beleive ASE-MAT had a tech tip like this about 4 months ago that went into full detail on how to adjust the afm here on this board. There is no easy way out of properly adjusting this sucka.

Just thought I'd add before someone did themselves a good one before searching for more on the subject.

For those of us that have even a slight grasp of how this sensor works it is a good tip, although I could have used this about a year ago, Thanks Blue!
Ray

p.s.

you know you got some mad scientist gene in you somewhere right? It's good in an odd sort of way...

Post Edited (Oct 11, 8:30pm)

·
Registered
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the flaps deflection, I realize there are electrical aspects of the AFM circuit that ultimately dictate the correct set up. Assuming manufacturing tolerances are close on the electrical side, this procedure should get you in the ball park (within a few teeth).

The fact the 76 afm and the 80 afm both deflected the same amounts for the same weights, I am pretty sure this is a useful procedure when needed out of desperation.

Other tech tips on the AFM discuss figering and finding factory starting points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.