ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of installing an aero kit on my 72 240z i would appreciate any recommendations as to the proper installation.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I don't think you can use the AERO kit on any of the 240Z's because of where the front turn signals are on the. You might want to double check that though. Good Luck

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I'm thinking of installing an aero kit on my
> 72 240z i would appreciate any
> recommendations as to the proper
> installation.
I installed it on mine a couple years ago. It needs some trimming, and I used rivets and sheet metal screws mostly instead of the glue they recommend. The side skirts were especially difficult, as they were a little twisted. I drilled mounting holes in them and then ground the surface down enough so the screw heads would be below the surface and then filled and smoothed it in.
As far as the turn signals, I cut a couple of bars out of the grill and installed motorcycle turn signlas there. You cant just change grills with a later model as the mounting system is much different.

Hope this helps, Mike

·
Registered
56 Posts
AERO KIT DUMB QUESTION

> Hello, What is an AERO KIT? It sounds like a spoiler for the front. I am looking for a front spoiler for the Datolet ('76 280Z 2+2/355 ci SB Chevy). Where do you order one? How much do they cost? Is it a spoiler package or just a front air dam? MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!! mikey

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: AERO KIT DUMB QUESTION

You can get either just the front spoiler ($189) or front rear and sides from MSA (800-633-6331). They say in their catalog that its their exclusive design, but I believe they get them from Arizona Z car, as they also sell them, but have a $1000 min. fiberglass order. If you dont have the MSA catalog, you can see it at the arizona z car site. <A HREF=http://www.arizonazcar.com/bump.html>http://www.arizonazcar.com/bump.html</A>

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
> I installed it on mine a couple years ago.
> It needs some trimming, and I used rivets
> and sheet metal screws mostly instead of the
> glue they recommend. The side skirts were
> especially difficult, as they were a little
> twisted. I drilled mounting holes in them
> and then ground the surface down enough so
> the screw heads would be below the surface
> and then filled and smoothed it in.
> As far as the turn signals, I cut a couple
> of bars out of the grill and installed
> motorcycle turn signlas there. You cant just
> change grills with a later model as the