ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every so often my ae wont idle. ill jus be driving push in the clutch to slow down and and will die and everything (steering, brakes, etc.) locks up. when i come to a stop it shakes like crazy and idles at about 300-500. other times the car will be fine and idle at 700 with no prolbems. anyone kno what the prolbem could be?

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
sounds kinda like what i was experiencing when my fuel temp sensor connector fell off. check that, its the only wire plugging into the fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
540 Posts
if there is an adjustment 4 the idle chk and clean, also u might want to chk fuel pressure or filter. u may want to try some acetone in ur gas i put 3oz per 10 gals and the small idle issues disappeared, no lowspeed ilde miss rock steady ilde at 700 rpms

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree with them But if those things isnt it, then replace the fast idle or idle up sensor on the FICD that might be it also

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fuel pressure is good about, 35. and i already tried the acetone and it helped a little but not enough. im gonna look at the FTS

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
took off the fuel temp sensor, cleaned it with a wire brush and put it back on. was running great for about 2 days then today it started dieing on me again. does this mean i need a new one? how much do they cost and where can i get it?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
junk yard? we have a ton around us. This doesnt sound like a part that fails a lot.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
"took off the fuel temp sensor, cleaned it with a wire brush and put it back on. was running great for about 2 days then today it started dieing on me again. does this mean i need a new one? how much do they cost and where can i get it?"

probably means the connector is the problem. perhaps inside the wire has come away from the contact. I fixed mine by cutting the connector off and soldering the wire to the FTS contact and then covering with elec. tape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.