ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need advice on running larger calipers and rotors on mV8 equiped Z. I currently have Toyota 4 piston calipers, but I need a caliper that will run a larger, thicker, vented rotor.... Please help!
Mike

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Land Cruiser???

I am serching for the same info. I found a post that said you can use Toyota Land Cruiser clipers, but did not say what year. They were wide enough to use 300ZX vented rotors! With no mods, except I think you need to have 15" wheels. Anyone know year(s)?
Also part # for mazda backing plate for rear brake conversion, cannot finh the post I copyed it off of. THANK YOU

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Get a kit from Arizona Z. They are little pricy, but they do save your life everytime when you apply them. What's couple grand for your health and well being.

I have similar set up on my 280z, not from Arizona Z though, but they really work. Braking distance from 100-0 is shorter than 911 turbo. And they have saved my life more than once.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Alot of us are on here because we are trying to find ways to improve or restore our Z's without paying an arm and a leg. Spending $1500 for brakes at Arizona Z isn't an option for me. I'd rather put some of that money into my house and spend $270 for new front brakes for my Z. That's about how much it'll cost for 300ZX rotors and Toyota 4 piston calipers from the parts store. I'll spend less money and still have added saftey to boot.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
For a 72 Z
Can we use the same Master/booster? I currently have 4 piston calipers from pick-up, 14 X 7 wheels 215 60 tires. Does the 1/2 inch offset change the driving/handling?
I would like to convert the rear with 83ZX rotors/calipers.
Please advise
Robert Miron
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.