ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 240z putting out 225hp. My stock clutch has developed hot spots and chatters. Which is the best high performance clutch and who has the best deals.
Oh ya, I have a stock flywheel and a 4spd.
Thank you...
Ryan , 19, Bay Area

·
Registered
11 Posts
2 options I would go with: 1.) Centerforce dual friction - very nice pedal feel, and it will hold ion excess of 350 hp (I was running 356 at the wheels on my turbo) with this very clutch, and a stock turbo flywheel. But, also call up ACT - you will be very pleased with what you here, and especially at the prices. Lastly, there is Peaco in Atlanta... I have never used their produts, but any high-po clutch that has a 6 month warranty regardless of ow it is used certainly merits a try

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE: Advice on Aftermarket Clutches.</b>

I put Quarter Master racing clutch for my 260Z back in 1990. Great clutch. As comparison, it finally wore out last summer and I decided to try Center Dual Friction. Both have great holding, but Quarter Master gets my vote. And it did last almost ten years on modified car. Below is their web address.
http://www.racingclutches.com/

Jarmo

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<b>I thought it was Paeco in De Giyo.</b>

Sorry, couldn't resist. I use the Pro-Grip from Top-End. After running it for 4 months and then removing it from the car, I did not see any signs of were on the 6 face puck clutch. This is a sprung disc and comes with pressure plate, clutch disk, T.O. bearing, and new bushing. Downside is that it runs $450.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<b>LOLOLOL Good one JIM!!!!</b>

you got me to laugh out loud reading that one! I think many of the others do not understand it though.
Zya Travis 77z

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: I thought it was Paeco in De Giyo.

Now that's funny!! And someone said Jim didn't have a sense of humor.
I'll be trying the centerforce dual friction. Under $300 for clutch and pressure plate for the turbo flywheel. A little less for a standard flywheel. If you are going with a centerforce buy it from performance international they have the best prices and I got it in three days. I think centerforce gets a bad rap because they are a little too popular and everybody thinks they need something different and exotic for their car. We'll see after I try it in my car. I might be changing my tune.
greg
71 240z

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.