ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m wanting to add a/c to my 77 280z which unfortunately did not come with the car. I’m currently in the process of tracking down all the parts I need to do this. I’m wanting to go factory inside/dash and aftermarket under the hood. I’ve been able to get most of the parts, so I think. My question is does anyone know about something called a air conditioning sub harness? I thought I had all the dash parts then I heard about needing this as well as a different resister for going from a 3 to a 4 speed for the blower motor. Any help or advise would be great! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
It would probably be easier to just get something like VintageAir than to track down the original components. What you find will probably need to be rebuilt anyway (costing more than aftermarket) and at the end of the day 40 year old tech will never be as good as current technology.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya and I have went back and forth. The biggest thing is my z is all original and only had 40,000 miles. So it’s in very good shape so I would like to keep at least the inside looking correct rather than having some control attachment on the side of the console or a box in the passenger side leg room. I don’t know if all that is a big deal but it would be nice to see one that has and aftermarket kit to see how it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts