ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I picked up a 1987 Supra turbo with targara top. It has upgraded exaust, intake and a BOV. Its super quick and drives real nice. Its alot heavier than my Z but that seems to add a little confidence in high speed turns. I hope the ZXT and the supra get along in the garage when im not looking. Oh I love choices.

Post Edited (Apr 21, 6:36pm)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Nice, hope you dont blow a head gasket hahaha.

·
Registered
559 Posts
ya manji be sure the head gasket is torqued down its not uncommon for those to blow...and im not sure but the mk2s were a shitload lighter than the z31s not sure bout the mk3s but i dont think theyre much heavier...congrats tho...two of the best 80s japanese sports cars ever in the same garage...its a dream lol

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thats what they say, Ive heard the same thing about hg's.

Post Edited (Apr 21, 9:30pm)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Better get a turbo RX7 and complete that collection.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
MKIII's weigh around 3400lbs. Turbo FC's are bad ass.

·
Registered
782 Posts
O im sorry 18_6 that meant head gaskets "HG's"

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
pix please. plenty of them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just gotta figure out how to post em, i know theres an old post that explains ill check em out

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also forget about an rx-7 they may be fast but they are just too squirrely at high speeds for my taste. The next car i will add will be a TT Z for sure. Or a shiro if I can ever find another good one, I found a beautiful shiro last year in chicago, but I didnt act quickly enough on it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
17.6 is moron...you didnt know he meant headgasket?? sell your car and get a hyundai

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
17.6, we all know RX7's arnt that reliable. My 2 best friends have an FD and FC, and yes there high maintenance. But there still sweet little cars.

·
Registered
559 Posts
oh dont get me wrong they are great..ive had numerous rides in em and my buddy has a tt but ya i just dont like the high maintenance of them at all...and i dont remember the last time someone called a head gasket a HG in person...actually ive never heard any one say...hmm seems like you blew a hg...nope...dont be a smart ass mike

·
Registered
782 Posts
Mike is right come on get with the program, the 2 previous post above mine were talking about head gaskets and one of them was your post! So have you ever been talking to somebody and said yeh I think your AFM is going bad humm... NO well I hope not but I wouldnt put it past ya.

Post Edited (Apr 23, 11:31pm)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.