ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a nice T-4 Turbo.My Question is does anyone know what i need to do this?Dothey make a flange that can be welded on.Do i need to adapt a ext.wastegate?Would love to here from someone who has done this.

Thanks Mark

· Registered
1,986 Posts
everyone usually uses a t3-4 turbo, can't remember exactly what it is called but they take the stock t3 part of the turbo that bolts up to the manifold and connect that to the t4 compressor housing.

Search the archives on this, as I don't know much about it. Hope this gives a little help though.

JOsh 83zxt

· Registered
1,784 Posts
You will need a T4 flange to weld or otherwise adapt to the manifold. You will also need an external wastegate, unless the T4 you are looking at has an internal one, but I doubt it. You will have to build an inlet to the wastegate from your adapter flange, or possibly tap from somewhere else on the manifold.

· Registered
129 Posts
I wouldn't

If I were you I wouldn't go with a straight t4. They are big turbos and create more boost with less effort, but they spool slower. I would get the best of both worlds. use your old exhaust housing, t3. And get everything else new (if you are going to go that route). T4 backing plate, t4 compressor wheel, t4 compressor housing, universal bearing housing, a lot of Garrett stuff is pretty interchangeable. and a new t3 turbine wheel unless the old one is good but get everything balanced together. The t3 turbine wheel will spool faster because it's smaller and the t4 compressor half of the turbo will jam some major air into your motor. If you were going to spend the money anyway, spend it this way. It is a lot easier than trying to adapt a t4 to your manifold and a ton cheaper, it's a bolt on and go! Same exhaust housing as stock! only thing you need to fabricate is your intake, from afm to turbo, that's a piece of cake.
happy boosting

C.Wade

· Registered
1,784 Posts
I agree

I am running a T3/T04, and I know of others running it as well. You can get 400hp with the right T04 compressor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.