ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was replacing coolant hoses yesterday and I went to replace the temperature sensor (the one that the guage inside runs on) but it's stuck! I removed the hollow bolt that hold it on, and yanked away on the sensor to no avail. Any tips on how to get this thing out? I managed to ruin it while pulling so leaving it in isn't an option.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Brian,
Go to a wrecking yard and pick up a new thermostat housing for about $5. Get some gaskets from Nissan and your on your way. You might want to soak everything in WD-40 and loosen up all the sensors and then re-install with some anti-sieze before installing. It'll get you a few spare sensors worth about $80 each new from Nissan in the process.
Phantom

·
Registered
64 Posts
My sensor stopped working and when I tried to get it out it stayed welded in place just like yours. Eventually I had to take the whole thermostat housing off and put it in a vice grip and then use big pliars to grab and turn the sensor back and fourth in the hole until it finally started to move. I ended up tearing up that sensor real good too, lots of copper shavings all over the place. Be careful taking everything apart and when you finally do be careful with the housing: the sensor is cheap, like under $40 but I ended up breaking something else a little more expensive while I was at it because I didn't take my time. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.