Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea, not real creative on the topic.

was headed to a local auto-x this morning in my z, got my race tires on and everything. get in the car, everything seemed ok, went to take off, goosed it in first, broke the tires loose. usual thing. poked around for a bit. car started acting funny, aka lack of fuel funny. get back home, check the floats, everythings cool.

try it again. nothing. cleaned the fuel filter out {lil glass jobbie} turned the pump on, notice the filter was only filling up about a 1/4 of the way. car revved fine, till under load. nothing.

my guess is the fuel pump is either a. bad, b. clogged.

would i be right in this?

i had a holly blue on it at one point that did the same thing, the pump still sounded like it was working, but not pumping anything.

any recomendations for a pump that will handle a 3.1 needs?

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
holley blue...

will handle a 3.1 no problem.

if anything, you are not flowing ENOUGH fluel through a properly designed return fuel system, causing the Holley to Overheat, cavitate, and trash itself.

Verrrrrrry common problem.

You NEED flow through the system, which means a BYPASS regulator returning fuel through a properly sized fuel return line, and not a deadheaded line, using the stock fuel return orifice, and a restriction style fuel pressure regulator.

Good Luck on the repump...

Holley's are rebuildable, too. Slap in a new set of vanes, and brushes, and go for it!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
130 dollars later i now have a new fuel system
again
all it was, was the factory line was clogged.

new pump
holley red 80 bucks
fittings 20 bucks
line 30 bucks
zippy ties 2 bucks

132 dollars later, i have rock solid pressure {whoppin 4 psi} and the filter {glass jobbie} is constantly full of fuel

w00t

now im broke.
:(

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
cool!

good to hear you got it "all cleared up"!

Literally!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.