ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

acetone

372 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  freewill 
#1 ·
filled up today to beat the screwing that is comming this week end buy the oil companies. filled every gas can i can get my hands on and my car.3.7 gals 93miles, do the math. last fill up i got 24 mpg flat this time its close to 25, hope every one gets the same responce that i got 2to 3 oz per 10 gals

#2 ·
Not saying acetone doesn't work but an increase of less than 1mpg is not a strong indication that it is helping. I can easily get or lose 1.5 mpg on my same commute to school that I've been doing for 3 years by simple how I drive. To honestly show increases in gas mileage people would have to do more controlled tests than they are actually doing on this site to "prove" it works. Basicly with your results it's like saying previous dyno sowed 200hp and now with this new mod I made 201.3. Sure it's an increase but we all know that on a dyno a gain of less than 5 is not too significant becuase other factors can change the results. The same goes for gas mileage, there are too many factors to take into account to show gains unless the gain is substantial. I'd rather see some controlled tests being done on this acetone subject rather than people saying this week I got X amount but previously I was only getting X amount. I guess thats just the scientest in me.

#4 ·
so far nobody has driven enough miles to make any reasonable conclusions.

did I miss someone who has ran at least 5 tanks through? and of course has their previous 5 tanks worth of accurate numbers?

hording gas is funny unless you actually live somewhere where there are honest to god shortages.

#5 ·
Clownsrus... Bet you're too young to remember the fuel shortages and lines back in the 70's. That was scary. It got bad enough that many states rationed it. Went by the last number in your lic. plate.. Evens could get gas on even days etc. And you were **** lucky if you had a car that would get 25 mpg. More like 12-15..

#7 ·
today I got gas in Illinois and the pump stopped automatically at 48.)) on the nose and my tank still wasn't full 2006 explorer work truck .I test drive explorers and mountaineers for MSX who works for FORD . BLAH but the eight dollars an hour helps to make up for it LOL.

#8 ·
so far i'm on track to get about 525 miles on this last full tank, with ~5.2oz/tank (roughly 2.7oz/10gal)

My last test produced 28.4mpg, if i get the same results this time i should be around 540miles on one tank. But i've been late to work the past few days so i haven't exactly been driving conservatively. i'll post the exact mileage once the tank is dead. I have already started a log book which I will continue to keep data in to make sure my reports are accurate.

#9 ·
dspruk,most people do not remember the 70s. there wasnt a reaql shorage, it was contribed by big oil who controlled the sand fleas that r out of control now.dick nixon the pres that was not a crook did something very strange for an republican pres, he and the congress passed a wind fall profit tax on the big oils that kept them from sucking us dry at the pump,sure 75 cents a gallon was a lot but it kept the oil companies in line. so what happened u say, well the president and the congress we have now let the law expire, ssssooooooo if a sheik farts the price goes up ,if a hurricne blows it goes up,if we invade a country that has weapons of mass destruction (that at the time was supplying 15% of the world oil it goes up. just think 5 years ago the price of gas was 1.369, go figure whats changed

#10 ·
You don't need to tell me. I lived through it. During the Carter austerity of the late 70's, I remember going out with my dad and a couple of his friends every weekend to cut wood to burn so we didn't get too cold. Interst rates were 12-15%. We need to make sure the kids out there understand what goes on around them and why. I agree on Nixon. He wasn't as crooked as they made him out to be. He just stood up and took it rather than tear the country apart.

#12 ·
You rock DAD7751 ;) The big oil companies have enjoyed record profits for several years running now while at the same time whining about ANWR being offlimits and telling us the Arabs and environmentalists were busting their balls. Bush may have been a personal failure as an oilman but he sure knows how to help the successful ones lol. Don't look for gas prices to drop below $2.00 a gallon ever again. Chances are pretty good that you'll be paying $4 to $5 by next summer.

dspurck2 , I think you missed the sarcasm in DAD7751's post. Nixon was indeed a crook. On the advice of three senior GOP congressmen he resigned because he was facing certain impeachment and unlike Clinton, he would have been convicted and removed from office. He would've eventually faced criminal charges also but a "full free and complete pardon" from President Ford took him off the hook. Obstructing justice and circumventing the US Constitution are pretty serious offenses.

Now back to topic. Anybody found any acetone that didn't contain benzoate? On a gloomy note... I'm not even sure when I'll be able to get gas again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.