ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does the accelerator work? i posted earlier (scary) about my car staying revved up real high even after i got off of the accelerator and was told that most likely it was the plastic around the throttle cable getting caught. i looked at the throttle cable and the plastic is in perfect condition?? well i was wondering when the car is off and u engage the throttle cable by depressing the accelerator pedal and then hold the throttle fully engaged by hand and someone lets off the pedal, should the pedal stay fully depressed or is it normal for it to return to the top position?

i dont know if im being clear enough what i mean is if i hold the tcable open by hand should the pedal stay down as if i were pressing it with my foot?

also the plastic on the cruise control cable is in terrible shape how hard is it to cut the plastic off w/o damaging the cable?

thanks

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The plastic everyone is talking about is right at the Throttle body, Just cut all of the plastic crap off of there for about 2 inches, just to make sure nothing is binding.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah that is exactly your problem its the plastic on the cruise control...you need to just grab it with a plyer and gripp at it, it'll come right out I did this with mine...(I can't believe your still dealing with this) And No the pedal should act as if you were doing nothing so it should go back the non accelerating position...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.