ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ac Kit needed.. Joe at All Z East...

340 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Unknown User 
#1 ·
Hey Joe,
Can u get me a good AC kit for my 240Z 73. The motorsports kit is 700 dollars please say you can get a good kit for less then that. I need AC in Oklahoma. Which is the better AC?? York or Hitachi??

Dustin

#2 ·
Hi Dustin, Although we have 240z's with ac, the only 2 working ones that I know of are on 2 of my own cars.
If you want to try to assemble one, we could, and you could get a reman compressor, or I've actually put one of of a wrecked Volvo (York manufacture) on a 240z. Sorry I may not be much help on this one, but I would hate to sell one that didn't work, with all of the installation involved. Joe

#3 ·
Dustin-Courtesy Nissan in Dallas sells an a/c kit that is MADE for a 240. None of this 'one size fits all' crap. Courtesy is one of the "z-stores" and they had a burnt orange 72 in the showroom that had this kit on it so you know it works. It is about $700, but I don't know that you will find anything better than that. The guys in the parts department were pretty sure it used a rotary type compressor and it is available in r-12 or 134a. They seemed pretty knowledgeable and are very friendly-talk to Steve or Bruce. I am in the same situation. I recently moved here and my 74 has no a/c. Even if you don't go that route it is still a good idea to buy parts from them because of the 25% discount. their number is 972-644-3942. Oh yeah, the 72?.....nice, only a cool $29500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.