ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about the time I figure I got it.... IT bites me back.....I go under and through the dash. found the black box is separated from the white box and
the door for the floor vent is wide open inside,cause the little arm thing
next to your leg on the driver side came off which controls that door.

Got that fixed, got the door closed, put styrofoam in to block any air flow
out..this is Florida, dont need to cool my feet.

Now its the control unit....no control on the blower motor, new modual
140 bucks shot.....bad ground fixed every thing I could think of fixed all lines seem to be ok for vac.....now the only air is going up the dash for defrost.....

has anyone got any ideas other than blowing it up what the heck we can do to bypass these air units and vac tanks to do a direct hook up for just air conditioning.
bob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tear it out, then blow it up. haha.
Or you could look into aftermarket ACs in a Jeggs catalog or something that is designed for universal purposes and hardwire it in with custom switches. Did that on an old Cuda, worked better than my Benz's.

·
Registered
540 Posts
is it the electronic a/c controls or just the manual one . i have one manual set up out of my old 86 that works prefect.black in color

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the genius that set this up.....has got these two black wires really heavy duty spliced together....so I started tracking them out....turns out one is a very HOT lead, that appeared at first to be a ground....couldnt figure out why they needed two grounds...

I got is running now but Im not getting full air push out of the vents in the dash...I have no Idea where the **** its going....Blowing up is a thought though...

I got so brain frozen yesterday ..I said the **** with it and came into the ac and killed 5 little green bottles of Becks from Germany....poor guys

anyway new day,,,fresh start...think I got a few moves left in me and maybe some idea of what the **** is going on with this thing.

thanks guys
bob
velox racing rims
greddy turbo timer
kumo's
tokico shocks
infinity sound
turbox
nissan power
auto meter boost and oil
Im workin on her

1 - 4 of 4 Posts