ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I last posted a message here. However I am sad to say that I may be giving up the 3z1 hobbie in exchange for a 240z or 280z. It's hard to make this decision because I enjoyed modifying my 88 n/a. However I only got so many horses out of it and I feel I need more. Plus there are not enough people really tricking out 3z1's. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a ricer. But I just don't see a lot of people with 3z1's. I would like to hear your thoughts no matter what side of the track you're on.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
It's up to you... But I feel that I'm a unique person driving a z31. I've only ever seen 3 other z's in person, and two were in bad need of restoration. I like the fact that my car isn't recognizable to 99% of people. Also if you want to see some people with tricked out Z31's, head over to z31.com. many people there pushing 400+ hp. If you put in the work, your z31 will treat you right.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the Vg30et engine now i kno that your engine is N/a but if your looking to build power from it i know some tricks that i have been looking into doing. Its all about how much you want to spend and your ability to do the work.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I'm with red devil, if you are a speed lover and like horse power, buying an N/A is a big mistake in the first place!!!! I know few morons here will jusp on me and give me that dudes screen name from z31.com that has an N/A running 500 horses but not everyone has 1000's of bux ready to invest in an N/A nor has that kind of skills in working on cars, a turbo is much easier to get extra horses out of it, I'm not saying little money by any means but a simple $6 boost controller will get you 15Hp and be very safe.... if you want more Hp and don't want to spend money go buy a play station game, in real life cars are expensive hobby!!!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
sorry..I should've clarified. The only way to go is turbo. Putting money into your n/a engine is like flushing it down the toilet.

·
Registered
205 Posts
sound like your Z needs a small block in it!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
sprintguy are you seriously putting a s/b into your z?? why don't you get a mustang and put japanese stickers and neon lights that bounce to your music. while you're at it go ahead and test the stang's front crash safety with a tree at 70+

·
Registered
657 Posts
i dont think there are too many people or any people that i have found that have put a V8 in a Z31........... good luck finding it........ and post it if you do..............

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for your comments, even thoses that got off topic. I think I made my decision. I'm gonna keep my Z and buy a 240 or 280 and that will be my speed car. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Get a grip...Its all about change. Time to cut the mullet and throw away the tube socks dude. If it doesn't appeal to you, Why should you care? People look to the message boards for advice or to learn. Not the im-mature postings of others..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.